Kathryn’s apricot chicken is a favourite family meal at her place. This dish is quick and easy to make and the kids just love the sweetness the apricot brings.
🕒 Prep: 10 mins Cook: 25 mins
- 6 skinless chicken thigh
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan seasoning
- 1 large brown onion
- 405 ml can apricot nectar
- ½ cup dried apricots
- Handful fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red capsicum
- Brown basmati rice to serve
- Trim and dice chicken
- In a bowl marinate chicken in olive oil, crushed garlic and Moroccan seasoning
- Wash and dice veggies
- Cut onion into slices
- In a frying pan over medium heat, cook chicken for 2 to 3 minutes (or until browned)
- Transfer to a plate and set aside
- Using the same oil in the pan cook onion for 5 minutes until golden brown
- Stir in nectar and bring to the boil
- Reduce heat to low and return chicken to pan
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes
- Add veggies, apricots and parsley, stir so that everything is covered in sauce
- Cook uncovered, for a further 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened
- Serve with rice
Marinate chicken the night before for a stronger flavour.
Use fresh apricots instead of dried if they’re in season.
Can be cooked in a slow cooker. Just add all ingredients and allow to cook throughout the day (do not dice chicken).
You can use any veggies you like.
If you are making this recipe gluten free, check the Moroccan seasoning.