Kathryn’s apricot chicken
- 6 skinless chicken thigh cutlets trimmed and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, cut into thin slices
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan seasoning
- 405 ml can apricot nectar
- ½ cup dried apricots
- handful fresh flat-leaf parsley
- some orange: 2 carrots or 1 can baby corn
- some green: 1 zucchini or 1 head of broccoli
- some red: 1 red capsicum
- Basmati rice to serve
- In a bowl marinate chicken in olive oil, crushed garlic and Moroccan seasoning.
- Wash and dice veggies
- In a frying pan over medium heat, cook chicken for 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Using the same oil in the pan cook onion for 5 minutes until golden brown. Sprinkle a little Moroccan seasoning and stir through.
- Stir in nectar and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and return chicken to pan. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add veggies, apricots and parsley, pushing into the sauce. Cook uncovered, for a further 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened.
- Serve with rice.
• Marinate chicken the night before for a stronger flavour
• Try red onion instead of brown
• Instead of cooking the parsley, serve with a sprinkle on top.
• Try brown rice or couscous
• Try cooking chicken thighs whole instead of diced.
• Use fresh apricots instead of dried if they’re in season
• Can be cooked in a slow cooker. Just add all ingredients and allow to cook throughout the day.
• You can use any veggies you like