We think these delicious lamington bites taste just like lamingtons but are much easier to make! Give them a try and tell us if you agree. They can be made either nut or gluten free. You just need a food processor and 15 minutes. Great with a cup of tea or for children’s (or my) lunchboxes.
Makes : about 12
Prep: 15 mins Cook : 0 mins
- 1/2 cup dates (dried)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup oats (for nut free) or cashews (for gluten free)
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 10 raspberries
- Extra coconut for rolling
- In a food processor, whiz dates, coconut, oats/nuts and cocoa for about 60 seconds. It should form a crumbly mixture.
- Add water and blitz for another 15 seconds until mixture comes together
- Take 1 heaped teaspoon of mixture and roll into ball then flatten. Pop a raspberry inside and then roll into a ball. (add more water to mixture if it is too crumbly)
- Roll in extra coconut
- Refrigerate for 30 minute
Try changing the dates or another dried fruit or cashews to another nut, and create new combos.
When raspberries are too pricey, try frozen raspberries or use blueberries or cut strawberries.
I tend to use organic shredded coconut because it doesn’t contain additives (and whilst I am not too concerned about many food additives, this is an easy swap)