A delicious, no bake take on lemon slice perfect for a lunch box snack, with a cup of tea or when you need to bring a dish. You will need a food processor.
🍴 Serves: 10 – 12
🕒 Prep: 25 mins
- Juice and rind of 1 lemon
- ½ cup pitted dates
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup dark chocolate melts
- Extra desiccated coconut for sprinkling
- Blitz rind from 1 lemon and dates in food processor until small pieces form
- Add oats and coconut and process quickly (we don’t want it too chopped)
- Add boiling water, lemon juice and olive oil and quickly blitz again till just combined
- Line a slice tray with baking paper
- Add mixture and press with hand
- Place in freezer
- Meanwhile melt dark choc melts in microwave (use half heat power setting) or in double boiler
- Spread melted chocolate on lemon slice and sprinkle with extra coconut
- Place in freezer for 20 mins to set
- Cut into slices and store in fridge or freezer
You don’t have to put the chocolate on top. Works well as a plain lemon slice.
You can also make these into bliss balls by rolling mixture into balls.