Amazing veggie filled noodle dish with lots of yummy Asian flavours. Also goes great with tofu! Try this pad thai recipe for lunch or dinner.
🕒 Prep: 10-15mins Cook: 30-35mins
- 300g chicken thigh fillets or tofu cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil (1 for cooking and 2 for sauce)
- 300g rice stick noodles
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red capsicum
- Handful of snow peas
- 3 shallots
- 1 lime juced
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 420g can baby corn, drained
- 420g can bean sprouts, drained
- 2 eggs lightly whisked
- 1 bunch coriander
- Handful peanuts
- Sriracha hot chilli, optional
- Dice chicken
- Heat one tablespoon oil in pan on medium to high heat. Cook chicken until slightly browned and cooked through (about 15 minutes depending on chicken dice size). Stirring occasionally
- While chicken is cooking, prepare noodles in bowl covered in boiling water stand until tender then drain
- Slice carrots, zucchini, capsicum and snow peas into match sticks
Chop up shallots. (If you have one, use a veggie noodler to noodle carrots and zucchini)
- Whisk together lime juice, fish sauce, peanut oil and sugar
- Increase heat to hot on stove. Add shallots, carrot, zucchini, capsicum, snow peas, corn and bean sprouts to chicken and stir fry for 2 mins
- Add noddles to mixture and stir fry for 2 mins
- Add lime juice mixture to pan and toss to combine
- Move ingredients to one side of pan. Pour egg mixture into other side of pan, stir fry for 1 minute and then mix into noodles
- Transfer onto plates and top with fresh coriander leaves, peanuts and sriracha hot chilli (optional)
This pad thai recipe has quite a mild flavour so add some chilli sauce if wanted.
Substitute chicken for tofu for a vegetarian option.
If you want it nut free use sesame oil and sesame seeds instead of peanuts.
Add any vegetable you like or try canned water chestnuts or bamboo shoots.