Bliss balls meet popcorn in these awesome popcorn and apricot bites. Easy to make with a food processor and delicious to eat. Sweetness from the apricots, a little protein and omega 3’s from the chia seeds and interesting texture from the popcorn. A fun treat for lunch boxes or a great snack on the run.
🍴Makes : 10-12
🕒 Prep: 15 mins
- ¾ cup dried apricots
- ¾ cup dried dates
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- ¼ cup popcorn kernels
- Place dried apricots, dates, chia seeds and coconut in food processor
- Process for 30 seconds
- Add boiling water and blitz again for 10 seconds
- Place popcorn kernels in a microwave safe tub with the lid on (or in brown paper bag with top folded over) and microwave for 3 minutes
- Take out any un-popped popcorn kernels and place the popped popcorn in mixing bowl with fruit mixture (removed from food processor)
- Mix together, you can try a wooden spoon but hands are easier
- Roll into balls (about a heaped teaspoon per ball)
- You can eat straight away or store in refrigerator for later
Store in the fridge in an air tight container.
Use can use any nut or seed in place of chia seeds.
Not suitable for children under 3-5 years due to the popcorn being a choking risk.