These stuffed mushrooms are simple to make and delicious to eat. Add them to your next roast dinner or make them a side to any dinner!
Did you know if you put mushrooms into the sunlight for an hour (before you cook them) it increases their Vitamin D. So pop them on your kitchen window sill while prepping dinner.
Prep: 10 mins Cook : 20 mins
- 8 medium sized mushrooms
- 150g ricotta
- 1/3 cup Parmesan or Grana Padano
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh thyme or rosemary
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs (use gluten free if you want this recipe to be gluten free)
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Remove stems of the mushrooms and place mushrooms on a baking tray stem side up
- Mix together ricotta, Parmesan and thyme
- Fill mushrooms with cheese mixture
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs
- Bake for 20 minutes
Try making your own breadcrumbs by toasting bread and blending it in a food processor. Keep any spare bread crumbs in an air tight container in the freezer.