All the family will love these beautiful turkey meatballs with vegies and mash or on pasta, or dress them up with a Mediterranean twist!
🕒 Prep: 15 mins Cook: 20 mins
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small carrot
- 500g turkey mince
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Wash and grate zucchini and carrot
- Squeeze the liquid from the grated vegetables and then place veggies into a large bowl
- Add turkey mince, bread crumbs, oregano, and egg into the mixture
- Mix well until combined
- Roll mixture into tablespoon size balls (or any size you like)
- Heat oil in a pan on mediuam heat
- Fry meatballs rotating every 2 mins until cooked through or alternatively spread oil on a baking tray, place meatballs on top and bake in a pre-heated oven (180°C) for 15-20 mins or until cooked through
Once the meatballs are cooked you can add them to your favourite pasta sauce or have them with mash and veg.
Pictured sauce: Mediterranean twist: The sauce is passata with some seasoning (garlic, onion, Italian herbs, salt, pepper) and some olives. Serve on pasta with meatballs.