Are you looking for a new way to spice up the humble potato? These twisty potatoes are such a fun snack and delicious side to add to your dinner, and the kids love them!
🕒 Prep: 20-25mins Cook: 60mins
- 6 potatoes
- 2-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 kebab sticks
- Preheat oven to 200 ºC
- Wash and dry potatoes
- Thread skewers through the centre
- To cut potatoes, insert knife into potato on an angle. Slow rotate potato around in a circle using the stick (this takes a few times to master. If potato breaks, don’t worry, just leave it on stick in rings and cook)
- Place on plate and microwave for 6 minutes
- Line an oven tray with baking paper
- Place potatoes on tray
- Using a pasty brush, brush potatoes with oil (try and get into the edges)
- Bake for about one hour
If you cannot be bothered cutting them in a twist, then simply thinly slice (but keep the potato shape) and slide them onto the skewer. Much easier and the potato is thinner so it comes out crunchier.